The Concept of Vocational Service
The Object of Rotary is a philosophical statement of Rotary’s purpose and the responsibilities of Rotarians. Thus, the concept of vocational service is rooted in the Second Object, which calls on Rotarians to “encourage and foster”:
- High ethical standards in business and professions
- The recognition of the worthiness of all occupations
- The dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- We talk about our vocation in our club, and take time to learn about fellow members’ vocations.
- We use our professional skills to serve our club and community.
- We practice our profession with integrity, and inspire others to behave ethically through our own words and actions.
- We help young people achieve his or her career aspirations.
- We guide and encourage others in their professional development.
- We network with associates to help serve others.